Sunday, 4 October 2009

Total Control Over You

There is nothing more I hate in life than not have control over what is happening in my life. Don’t get me wrong I am not a control freak, and often I just like sitting back and going with the flow. However, I don’t like being told what to do. The main reason is I have the ability to make decisions.

Many people often feel powerless in their lives. They feel this way because they have feel that they have little control over what is going on around them. Decisions are being made without them and they feel as if things are spiralling out of control.

Often these people are also looking for something, or someone, to come along and save them. They want a knight in shining armour. They believe that before they can move out of their current situations they have to be given the opportunity. Unfortunately they are wrong.

The most powerful people in the world are not powerful because they have money or political power. They are powerful because they are not afraid to make decisions. They know that to get anything done in life they have to decide what is going to happen. They are aware that their decisions may not always make their lives better, but they also know that if they don’t make a decision then thing won’t change. So they are willing to take a chance.

You also need to be willing to take a chance. If you currently feel that you don’t have control over your life, then you need to stand up and start making decisions about what you want to happen. You need to decide what is best for you and take action. Don’t let fear stop you. Don’t let the “what ifs” take the wind out of your sales. Take a chance and see where you end up.

You see when you are not in total control of your life; you miss the opportunities that are waiting for you. You are so focused on what is going on around you that you don’t see what else is out there. Once you make a decision, just like magic, doors open or it appears like that. In fact the doors were always open, you just couldn’t see them. Making a decision allows you to change your mind set and you go from saying I can’t to saying I can.

This happened to me when I decided to stop being a fitter and machinist and go to uni. While I was feeling stuck in my job, all I could think was, there was no way out. As soon, and I mean the very instant, I decided to quit my job and go to uni, all the problems that were stopping me disappeared and I all I could see was the answers. It was like a veil had been lifted.

And that has not changed in the last ten years. Every time I am faced with a problem, as soon as I make decision on what I need to do, not matter how big or small, the problem disappears and the answer comes. I stop thinking about choice I have to make, and start thinking about how to make that choice work out the best.

It will work for you too. Stop letting others run your life, take a chance, make a decision, follow it through and watch as new opportunities appear. What do you have to lose? If you don’t like where now, no one else is going to change it for you. You have the ability to do this and let’s face facts, if you don’t like the way things are now then any change has to be better. And the best thing? No matter how things work out, you can be proud that you made the decision that got yourself there. Now you can make another decision and continue to be control of your life.

What decisions have you been putting off?

Terry Shadwell.

www.livingyourdreams.webcitypro.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.