Sunday, 18 July 2010

Happiness

I was working at home the other day on my internet business, and something struck me. This is really boring. No, not boring, mind numbingly boring.  Sitting in front of a computer mucking around with web sites was putting me to sleep.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not attacking IM in any way. It’s a great way to make a few extra dollars, or to run a full time business. It just that it doesn’t excite me. The idea if sitting there, alone, starring at a computer screen is very dull. There is no social interaction at all. Boring and lonely.

What happened to Terry Shadwell Rock Star, Terry Shadwell Movie Actor, Terry Shadwell Astronaut, Terry Shadwell Pole Dancer? How did I end up Terry Shadwell Teacher and Internet Marketer? I planned on a glamorous life filled with all the lavishes of the world. I expected to be loved by millions. Teaching is not glamorous, popular, or sexy. Well not as sexy as a rocking pole dancing actor in space.

I planned, ok dreamt, of a life far more exciting than teaching children through the day, and starring at a computer at night. Yet this is where I am at. This is my daily life. This is not what I wished for.

Ok maybe my life has not worked out the way that I had wished for, but it doesn’t matter. You see, I am happy with my life. In fact I think I have a great life. I know my life is not for everybody, but that doesn’t matter, it is good for me. The most important thing is I am happy and that is more important than money and fame. I just wish more people could be happy in their own lives.

Happiness is not at the end of the rainbow. It’s not something that is being hidden from you either. It is right here, right now, if you want it to be. I say all the time, smile, it will make you feel good, and it’s true. Just smile and feel good. Start feeling good and look at your life from a positive light, instead of seeing only the negatives. It is a choice.

If you look at your life, you will see it is not the money or physical objects that make you happy, but the people you share your life with. Getting together with friends, family and acting silly, that is happiness. Playing with your kids and watching them grow up to be great people, that is true happiness. None of that is based on money. It comes from just being yourself and enjoying what you have.

And you know what the funny thing is? I may find sitting in front of the computer all by myself to be boring, but I still enjoy it. It will never make me rich, and that’s fine. As I said not everything has to be about the money. So enjoy life, do what makes you happy and be pleased with what you have.

Terry Shadwell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.