Sunday, 21 November 2010

And It's Goodnight From Him

For nearly two years now I have been writing articles for the paper. In that time we have covered a lot of ground, mainly on motivation and change. The reason I have been focusing on these two in particular is because I see them both as fundamentally important in a person’s life. Change, and acceptance of change, is probably the most important area in life that people need to develop. So in saying that, things are about to change here.

This shall be my last column for the foreseeable future. There has been change in my life and it has taken me away from the ideas and concepts that I originally started with. The whole idea for the weekly articles was to build my profile and move into the professional speaking circuit as a motivator. However, the more I looked and listened to those already on the circuit, the less motivated I was to join them.

Most motivators have replanned speeches that the recite over and over again. The same story, the same anecdote constantly repeated and never anything new. They choose the topic for the occasion; choose their speeches and just recite away, and most of the time it’s just rubbish. They say one thing and then do another. I can’t do that.

So I have shifted my business into a new area and only time will tell if it will be successful.  However, I do feel that what I am doing now is more true to who I am, and I can promote a product, not just myself. I am not interested in being famous; just want to run my own business.  Fame brings to many problems and is annoying. Never under estimate the true beauty of anonymity.

Before I go I do want to run over a few points with you so that you can continue into your future with a great chance of success.

1.       Always accept change

2.       Treat others the way you would like to be treated

3.       Set your goals and take action everyday to move towards them

4.       Don’t let other stop you from achieving your dreams

5.       Don’t let your fears stop you from achieving your dreams.

6.       Be thoughtful, generous and kind

7.       Be strong and have confidence

8.       Be honest

9.       Take time to relax and see the world

10.   Be proactive, not reactive and live life to the fullest.

Thank you to all the people that have read the articles over the years. You feed back and comments have been greatly appreciated. I know at times I have been blunt, and even controversial  in some of the things that I have said, but that is just life. And for all of those who came and complained, I have only two words to say to you and the second one is “off!”

Please take care, follow through on everything that you dream of and have a good life. I hope Christmas is good to you this year and that you have a wonderful and enjoyable time. Thank you to Sue Harvey at the Warren Weekly for allowing me to write this column.  It has been fun, and I will miss it. However, I now need to write articles for other areas on my business, such as weight loss, travel tips and more. They will be more advertising articles designed to push people to my website, and I will most probably outsource that work to somebody else.

And so this is goodbye. But don’t cry for me Marge and Tina (thanks Graham, Bill and Tim), I will still be around, and more than happy to shoot the breeze or to motivate whenever you need. Just remember one important thing, SMILE, it’s not that bad.

Terry Shadwell.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.