Thursday, 27 November 2014

Motivation - Clearing your mind

It is nearly midnight and I am laying in bed unable to sleep. It has been a busy day and I still can't switch off. My mind keeps reflecting on what happened, and of course what I could have, and in some cases, should have done differently.

I was advised years ago that if you are going through the phase of not sleeping because of an over active mind then the best thing to do is write about it. It gets the thoughts out and leaves your mind relaxed and ready for sleep. If you have never done it then I seriously suggest that you give it a try.

My day wasn't anything too much, just busy, with a lot of expectation on me. I had a lot of meetings, on a range of different issues, and it can be hard to change your train of thought from one meeting to the next and still be on top of you game. By the end of the day I was worn out. I suppose it didn't help that today was a fasting day as well.

I will say one thing, no matter what the meeting was, or how time consuming a couple of them were, I did manage to help about three people directly. One in particular was very relieved after one of the meetings. That makes it all worth it.

I enjoy helping people. One of the reasons I became a teacher almost 10 years ago was so that I could make a positive difference in my students lives. It is the same reason I write this blog and my books. I want to be able to help you in your life. 

I know that may sound strange as we never have met. Yet, knowing that I could make a difference in someones life for the better make me feel that my life has meaning. I don't need, nor seek, praise for what I do. In fact I often feel embarrassed and extremely humble when some one does thank me for my efforts. If you really want to thank me, the best way is to live a better life than mine. Trust me when I say I won't be jealous.

Please, do what ever you can to make your life great, and if you can, help someone make thier life better as well. And if you are having trouble sleeping, write out your thoughts, clear your mind and relax. Good night.

Mind you, there is no chance of sleep when George wants you awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.