Saturday, 10 January 2015

Time Managment, Action and Goals. Be Motivated to Succeed



Hello Everybody

Over the last few weeks I have been a bit quite. There are a few reasons for this. One, Christmas came upon us so fast this years that we had to drop everything and start getting prepared for that. Two, I am on holidays at the moment. I know you would think that being on holidays would give me plenty of time to write, however, I have been so busy that I don’t really feel that I am taking a break. And finally, I have been so busy trying to get things done, like writing another book(s), meeting with friends, organising business affairs, that I just have not had time to sit down and add anything to the blog. 

The book I am working on at the moment is titled A Quick Guide to Success. It should be out in the next few weeks. I will let you know of the release date as we get closer to the time. This book is designed to strip away all of the fluff and nonsense that can fill up other books. A Quick Guide to Success gets straight to the point about what you need to do to be successful in anything to are trying to do.

The best example I can give you about how to be successful is writing the book. There is only one way to write a book, and that is to sit down and write. While I believe in outsourcing various operations of my business to other people, writing is something that I need to do. It has to be my words and thoughts that people read. I am the one trying to get my message out to people and that cannot be done if I have other people writing for me. 

To get a book written I simply put aside an hour a day. There are two reasons for this. One, after writing for about an hour I find it hard to concentrate on my writing. Even if I was to take a short break, I find that I have written as much as I can for the day. There are times when I have a lot to say and I can write longer, but this does not happen too often.

The second reason I only write for an hour is that I don’t have the time to spend hours on a computer writing. As I have a business to run there is constant work that needs to be completed. I also have to take time to exercise; do work around the house and, most importantly, take time to relax. 

There is another reason, but it is not a main reasons for writing for only an hour, I just don’t want to spend hours on a computer. There are other tasks that need to be done each day on the computer aside from writing, and I just don’t want to be looking at a screen when the sun is shining and there are better things to do in the world. 

The main point I am trying to get across is taking action and time management. You need to take action, but you need to ensure that you manage your time efficiently as well. Writing a book is like trying to build muscles. I could go to the gym and start working out. There is my action part. 

However, there’s no benefit to me to keep working out all day. That is ineffective time management. I gain no benefits from pushing myself so hard and I have put other duties aside. Instead I am better off going to the gym and limiting my time to do the best I can do in an hour. Then the next day go back and do some more.  The same with writing, if there is no benefit of writing longer then I stop wasting my time trying to write and go and do something else that will help me get ahead in life. 

So that is the plan for you. Look at what needs to be done and start working on it. Allocate time to do it and then do a little bit every day. No one has ever become successful overnight. It takes time to build yourself up. To get from where you are right now to where you what to be, start by giving yourself the time and just working on it day by day. It may take a while but you will get there.

On another point, the first week of 2015 has now passed. I hope you have all set goals not a resolution for the year. A resolution is normally made off hand and the person making it has no real intention to keep it. Resolutions do have plans to back them up or a time period in which to do it. No, I’ll take that back, they do have a time period, and normally it is I will do whatever I said I was going to do sometime this year. Resolutions are a waste of time (infective time management) and have no action plan.

I said it last year, I will say it again, forget resolutions. Instead set goals. Goals are an action plan for the year, if not years, to come. They are normally things you really want to achieve and they have times on it by when you want to achieve the goal. They can be, and should be looked at everyday which will help you stay motivated and moving towards your goals.

Kerry and I set out our goals before Christmas. We planned what will be doing for the New Year and by when we want to achieve it. The fact that the first week of the New Year most business have been closed or just coming back from a Christmas break has been a bit frustrating. I will admit I am not the world’s most patient man, though it is something I am trying to work on. With the businesses I need to see being closed, I am chomping at the bit to get a few things started.

We have been lucky however. On 08/01/15 we picked up our new bicycles. This was something we have been talking about for a while, and one of our goals. So within 3 days of the New Year we sought out new bicycles and by 8 days we had them and were riding around Lake Macquarie here in Newcastle at 9pm and a warm summer’s night. It was that easy to achieve our first goal

So if you just set a resolution, take time today to write out your goals. The following steps will help you to achieve your goals.

  1.  They must be something that you are passionate about and will be willing to really go out and achieve
  2. They must be realistic. Something that you know you can achieve.
  3. They must have a time by when you what to achieve them. 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years 20 years.
  4. Each goal must have an action plan, known as strategic plans. They are the smaller steps in achieving your goal. Example is if you want to lose 20 kilos or 44 pounds in 6 months (that is one of my goals) then I have to know how I am going to do it. It includes a better diet and exercising three times a week.
If you do that for each goal you want to achieve then you will be in a far better place at the end of 2015 then you were in 2014. The one thing to remember is you may miss you dead line, but it doesn’t matter. Say I only lose 15 kilos in 6 months, I will not be upset. Sure I didn’t achieve my goal by the time I said, but I will still be better off than I was on 01/01/15 and that is what counts.
Keep moving towards your goals and you will be successful

As long as you keep moving towards your goals, not matter what hurdles come your way, you will eventually achieve them. Let’s be honest. Say you want to have a million dollars in investment property by the end of the year, however, you only ended up with $900,000 are you really going to be disappointed. You are better off than where you were a year ago. You now know what works and what didn’t and you can enter 2016 knowing you can still do better again.

With that being said, you need to push to achieve your goals and don’t give up no matter what comes your way, or what negative people have to say about your plans. Keeps focused on your goals. Look at them at least twice a day and keep working towards them. As I said before you won’t have overnight success but you will have success.

For regular advice and special promotions  join me on Facebook and Twitter.

Also keep an eye out for the new Book A Quick Guide to Success

While you are waiting for A Quick Guide to Success to come out, read my other books available at Amazon and Google Play. 

Life Coach Teachers: How to Become a Life Coach for your students. Develop both yours and your students Leadership Skills, Motivation and Confidence NOW!             
 AMAZON      GOOGLE PLAY

The Heart of a Man                                                                                                            AMAZON      GOOGLE PLAY

How To Create Instant Success                                                                                         AMAZON      GOOGLE PLAY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.